Christ the King College (Gingoog)
Christ the King College (CKC) is a private Catholic school for both boys and girls located in Gingoog, Misamis Oriental, Philippines. Established a Colegio Catolico in 1905, it was renamed Colegio-Seminario de Calbayog in 1910, few month after Calbayog was made into a diocese for Samar and Leyte. In 1924, it was renamed Colegio de San Vicente de Paul (CSVP) and was transferred to Brgy. Rawis after its separation from the seminary. In 1952, two American Franciscan missionaries of the Assumption of the Blessed Virigin Mary (BVM) Province of Pulaski, Wisconsin, USA, arrived in Calbayog City. CSVP was transferred from Brgy. Rawis to its present location Magsaysay Boulevard. On October 30, 1955, CSVP was dedicated to Chris the King, hence, the present name Christ the King College.
Dalubhasaang Haring Kristo | |
Former name | Christ the King Academy (1947- |
---|---|
Motto | Latin: Initium Sapientiae Timor Domini |
Motto in English | The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom |
Type | Private, Catholic school |
Established | 1947 |
Founder | Fr. Edward J. Wasil, SJ |
Religious affiliation | Roman Catholic (RVM Sisters) |
Students | CKCians |
Location | , , 8°49′24″N 125°06′08″E |
Patron | Christ the King |
Colors | White and Royal Blue |
Website | ckcgingoog |
![]() ![]() Location in Mindanao ![]() ![]() Christ the King College (Gingoog) (Philippines) |